Sunday, June 17, 2012

Finished McCalls 6559 maxi dress

Finally, I finished the dress!! Yay! Unfortunately, I was unable to get a really good picture, and unfortunately, I am unable to explain how I did my version of color-blocking. I didn’t come out exactly how I wanted, because I wanted a tighter fit around the neck and armhole edges, but I’m pretty happy with it.
As far as the color-blocking, all I know it that I tried to have the blue strip 11in and the pink strip at the bottom 11in. Really, that was a headache because it was confusing with trying to add the seam allowances the both and trying to measure in a hem, which is why I didn’t do one in the end.

Well, this is the best picture I could take with my phone. I hope you all get an idea of what it looked like.
Image

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. I have been wanting to make this in color block of red/black/green but the design on the pattern was too busy. I like the way you have done this. I am very inspired

    ReplyDelete